Established April 2005
Revised September 2018
1. The name of the entity handling personal information
Ken Corporation Ltd.
2. Policy on protecting personal information
We are deeply committed to our obligation to comply with laws and regulations governing the appropriate handling and protection of personal information in accordance with social norms.
3. Reasons for using personal information and personal data
We use personal information provided by our customers and personal data in our possession for the following purposes. We will cease the use of personal information for any purpose at all if requested to do so by the individual whose personal data is in question.
- Sale, purchase, exchange, and leasing of properties and related brokerage efforts; the execution of contracts and the provision of information, services, and housing plans concerning property ownership, management, brokerage, appraisal, consulting, and other transactions
- Building planning, design, supervision, and leasing/sales
- Property ownership, use, and management
- Consulting services related to house repair and renovation
- Planning, development, ownership, selling and management of small-lot property for investment purposes (e.g., condominiums, hotels, office buildings, and shopping centers under joint projects), and overseas operations relating thereto
- Sale of beneficial interests or related agency or mediation activities
- Investment advisory services related to properties in Japan and overseas
- Retention, sale, or purchase of beneficiary rights of properties in trust and the leasing and management of properties covered by such trust
- Operation and management of parking and storage facilities
- Operations under the Real Estate Specified Joint Enterprise Act
- The design, construction, supervision, and contracting of building work
- Handling of bills collection and corporate accounting
- Hotel management and activities related to hotel operations
- Management of hotels, lodging facilities, and restaurants and banquet facilities annexed thereto
- Management of restaurants and shops in hotels and lodging facilities
- Travel agency activities under the Travel Agency Act
- Consulting services related to asset management and operations; asset securitization under the Act on the Securitization of Assets
- Consulting services related to investment and loan operations
- Consulting services for foreign nationals concerning residing in Japan
- Research on economic, industrial, and property conditions in Japan and overseas
- Non-life insurance agency
- Provision of investment information in publications
- Management of movie theaters, theaters, concert halls, live music venues, and other arts and entertainment facilities
- Operation of sound and video recording studios, and the contracting of recording work
- Planning, production, manufacture, sale, leasing, broadcasting, screen presentation, and distribution of sound and video software (discs, tapes, and films) and related brokerage and mediation activities
- Import and sales of furniture, artwork, curtains, carpets, and other interior decorations
- Provision of personal information to third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose(s) of use set forth above
- Sales and marketing (e.g., questionnaire surveys) activities by post, telephone, email, or otherwise, and the sending of free gifts, novelty goods, and other articles for purposes related to providing the products, information, and services set forth above; customer trend analysis and research and analysis for product development and related purposes
- Contacting the customers when necessary
- Reviews for accounting audit purposes
4. Security of personal information
We are committed to assuring the safe management and operation of personal information concerning customers. We take all reasonable and appropriate security measures to safeguard against personal information risks, including risks of unauthorized access by outside parties and/or loss, damage, destruction, alteration, leakage, and unauthorized release to outside parties. Each and every department in our company that handles personal information includes an information management representative charged with ensuring the appropriate management of personal information. We have also established information security rules which are made known to all employees.
5. Provision to third parties
Personal information concerning the customers will not be disclosed or provided to third parties except in the following cases:
- The customer’s consent has been obtained.
- The information is disclosed in a form not traceable to an identifiable individual.
- The handling of the information is subcontracted to another company for business facilitation or other purposes. In such cases, the contractor chosen will have adequate personal information protection measures in place and will be placed under necessary and appropriate supervision.
- The disclosure of the information is legally required.
- The disclosure or provision of the information is necessary to protect life, health, or property in cases in which obtaining the customer’s consent is difficult.
- The disclosure or provision of the information is necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy development of children in cases in which obtaining the customer’s consent is difficult.
- The acquisition of the customer’s consent may be detrimental to statutory affairs undertaken by a national government agency or local government or contractor thereof under circumstances in which we are compelled to cooperate.
- The customer’s name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or customer code are disclosed or provided in writing by facsimile or telephone, in the form of electromagnetic data (e.g., floppy disk), or by email to a party to the customer’s contract, financial institutions, management service companies, or other third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose(s) of use specified in Section 3 (Reasons for using personal information and personal data on hand). Such disclosure or provision shall be halted at the customer’s request.
- In connection with the sales of newly built properties for sale, the customer’s name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or customer code are disclosed or provided in writing, by facsimile or telephone, in the form of electromagnetic data (e.g., floppy disk), or by email to a party to the customer’s contract, financial institutions, management service companies, or other third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose(s) of use. Such disclosure or provision shall be halted at the customer’s request.
- In connection with property sales, purchase, lease brokerage activities, or management activities, property information and the customer’s name, address, telephone number, email address, and/or customer code are disclosed or provided in writing by facsimile or telephone, in the form of electromagnetic data (e.g., floppy disk), or by email to a party to the customer’s contract, financial institutions, management service companies, or other third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose(s) of use. Such disclosure or provision shall be halted at the customer’s request.
Certain third parties to whom information may be disclosed in connection with property sales, purchase, lease brokerage activities, or management activities:
- The actual or prospective party to the contract
- The owner of the property leased to or occupied by the customer and the owner’s agent
- Person acquiring or expected to acquire the property leased to or occupied by the customer
- Other house agents
- Online advertising services, property trade associations
- The Real Estate Information Network System (property registration, contract notification, and sales, appraisal based on system data) in the case of brokerage activities related to sales or purchase—see note below.
- Judicial scriveners, land and house investigators involved in registration and other related activities
- Financial institutions involved in lending
- Management service companies involved in real property or management activities
- Credit information organizations, real property research organizations
(Note) Matters concerning the Real Estate Information Network System
The Real Estate Information Network System is a public interest corporation as designated by the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism pursuant to Article 50-3 of the Real Estate Brokerage Act. It provides the following services as specified in the Act:
- Handling of matters concerning the registration of building lots or buildings covered by exclusive brokerage service and other service agreements concerning the real estate brokerage business
- Provision of information concerning building lots or buildings subject to registration referred to in the preceding item to house agents periodically or at their request
- Beyond what is set forth in the preceding two items, the creation of statistics concerning the information referred to in the preceding item and any other services necessary to ensure the proper trade and smooth distribution of building lots and buildings
We will take the following actions pursuant to the provisions of the Real Estate Brokerage Act governing the Real Estate Information Network System:
- Should we conclude a brokerage service agreement at the request of a customer wishing to sell his or her property, we will register the property information with the Real Estate Information Network System to look for prospective buyers. The registered property information and the name and address of the customer wishing to sell will be provided to member companies of the Real Estate Information Network System and individuals wishing to buy the property.
- If a sales contract is concluded for a registered property, the date of conclusion, the contract price, and other information will be sent to the Real Estate Information Network System.
- The Real Estate Information Network System will use property and contract information (property overview, contract conclusion date, contract price, and other information; not including the names of the seller and the buyer) for their own services as specified in the Real Estate Brokerage Act. This includes providing property and contract information to member companies of the Real Estate Information Network System and public organizations, whether in electronic or other form.
- For exclusive brokerage service agreements and privileged and exclusive brokerage service agreements, the registration and notification of the information with or to the Real Estate Information Network System as set forth above will be undertaken in accordance with the provisions of the Real Estate Brokerage Act.
- An individual who wishes or who is contracted to purchase the property will be required to make the purchase in accordance with the measures related to the Real Estate Information Network System as set forth in (1) through (4) above.
- In the event that we seek to identify potential property buyers on the basis of property information from the Real Estate Information Network System, we will provide the property information to persons wishing to buy the property and provide information on their names, addresses, and the like to the house agent in charge of property sales and to the person wishing to sell the property. This provision shall be halted at the customer’s request as specified in Section 3 (Reasons for using personal information and personal data on hand).
- We will provide our clients etc. with contract information provided from the Real Estate Information Network System (excluding the names of the seller and buyer) or contract information obtained through sales transactions in which we were involved as the basis of opinions presenting the suggested sales price or appraised value in our sales services. In so doing, we will ensure the property is not readily identifiable from the information. This provision shall be halted at the customer’s request as specified in Section 3 (Reasons for using personal information and personal data on hand).
6. Handling of specified personal information
Unless otherwise required by laws and regulations, we will not obtain the customer’s personal ID number (so-called My Number) specified in the Act concerning the Use etc. of Personal Identification Numbers in Administrative Procedures. Should the customer provide a document containing his or her personal ID number (My Number), we advise the customer to mask or otherwise make the number illegible, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
7. Handling of procedures and complaints concerning the disclosure or correction of personal information
- At the customer’s request, we will disclose personal data on hand and correct any incorrect information contained therein without delay, in accordance with procedures we establish separately.
The actions set forth in the preceding paragraph will be taken by the Personal Information Section within the Information Management Division of the Business Administration Department.
The service desk is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. from Monday through Friday (except on national and company holidays).
1-2-7, Nishi-azabu, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-8640
Personal Information Section, Information Management Division, Business Administration Department, Ken Corporation Ltd.
- Email address
- Information concerning requests for the disclosure of personal data in our possession is available from the “Procedures for personal information disclosure” page of our website (or from the service desk set forth above if contacted by the data subject). We will send our designated form by facsimile or email. The requester must complete and submit the form along with his or her identification papers. Please note that a fee applies for this disclosure.
- The service desk specified in paragraph 2 is also open to opinions, complaints, inquiries, and the like concerning our handling of personal information during the hours specified above.
Cookies allow the website to identify a visitor’s computer. If you refuse to accept cookies, you may still use our website, but potentially in limited ways.
10. Links to other websites
Acquisition and Usage of Attribute Information and Action Records that Do Not Specify Individuals
This website uses programs provided by advertisement distributors and other third parties to conduct behavior-targeting advertising (advertising method in which advertisements are distributed in line with the tastes and interests of users based on data on their website visitation records, etc.) on specified sites, site management and the measurement of access status.
Advertisement distributors and other third parties use these Cookies to conduct advertisement distribution based on data on pastaccess to this website, website management, and the measurement of access status.
Users who wish to have these advertisements and/or measurements disabled may access the opt-out page of the advertisement distributor and other third parties in question to disable the use of their Cookies.
Changing Internet browsers, erasing Cookies, switching over to a new PC, etc. requires that settings be reconfigured.
Users may configure their settings on the opt-out page of those advertisements so that Google Cookies are not used (Additionally, users may also use the opt-out page on Network Advertising Initiative to disable third-party distributor Cookies.).
Without opting out, there is a possibility that Google Cookies as well as third-party distributor or advertising network Cookies may be used.
The opt-out website of Network Advertising Initiative may be used to collectively disable some (but not all) Cookies.
- Opt-out pages may be found at the below URLs:
- Google opt-out page:https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads?hl=en (Will open up in a separate window)
- Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page:http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed (Will open up in a separate window)